ASSUMPTION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK FOR MINORS
In regards to my child(ren) participating in the Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics and/or Midnight Panther Cheer program(s), I waive any and all claims I may have against and release all liability and agree not to sue Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer, Stephanie Kennedy, Dawn Silver, Karen Fraser, AND agents, employees or volunteers of Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer, for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained as a result of my child’s participation in the program, arising out of any cause whatsoever.
I am aware that risks and dangers are inherent in participation in any and all of the activities associated with Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer Program and that there is a possibility of injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from these activities.
Accidents can be a result of the nature of the activity and can occur with or without any fault on either part of the athlete or Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer, its employees, agents, volunteers or the facility where the activity is taking place. By allowing my daughter/son to participate, I am accepting the risk of an accident occurring and agree that the activities carried out in the course of a cheerleading and tumbling club are suitable for my child.
My child and I have read and understand the Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer rules & regulations outlined below and understand that they apply at all times and are in place as safety protection measures. I understand that I must report any and all injuries to my coach(es) no matter how insignificant they may appear and/or whether or not they were a result of participation during a Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics, Midnight Panther Cheer program or activity.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Athletes must come prepared for class and arrive on time.
2. Athletes must wear suitable clothing during participation in all activities associated with the program: team t-shirts, shorts, cheer shoes and/or uniform as deemed necessary by the coaches. This includes braces and/or athletic equipment that an athlete may be required to wear in order to participate. Long hair must be tied back and away from the eyes.
3. Absolutely NO jewelry may be worn to practices. Do not bring these items to the gym.
4. Athletes must wait for their class to commence before entering the training area.
5. No use of equipment is permitted unless under the supervision of their coach.
6. No food or beverages are to be consumed in the training area or on the gym floor.
7. No outside shoes can be worn in the training gym.
8. No parents or siblings are allowed in the training gym or on the gym floor without the coach’s permission.
9. All injuries must be reported to your Coach immediately no matter how insignificant the injury seems and/or whether or not it is cheer-related.
10. Athletes’ names and/or pictures may be featured on our Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics., Midnight Panther Cheer website, and/or social media sites. By signing this form, you give permission for these organizations to use their picture and/or likeness and/or name on public documents like newsletters and websites in perpetuity.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to but not limited to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments and federal and provincial health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Panther Cheer Athletics Inc., Midnight Cheer Athletics and Midnight Panther Cheer (henceforth referred to as “the club’) have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Club could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Club or participation in Club programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Club program.